Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming media recording forum > Video stream recording
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:34 PM

dps9682 is on a distinguished road

Re: www.channel4.com: Any way to capture video from the new 4OD service?

Thanks, I think I give up tbh mate, I've tried everything, Every string, all commands and still just an empty file, and get no further than the handshake, I don't know anyone that has downloaded a 4od show from their new site successfully, Thanks for all the help anyway.

I found that if you disable hardware acceleration via flash player (right click on the video playing), and then record the screen (I use Techsmith Camtasia), The quality is great with no slowdown, hope that helps some people.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:22 PM

mikegreen is on a distinguished road

So, is there someone out there who can solve this problem? It can't be that difficult, surely?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:33 AM

The fates are conspiring against me. I can't even get Camtasia Studio to record the video from my screen - the video is fine but the audio comes in 36 minute blocks of soundtrack interspersed with 36 minute blocks of white noise.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:25 AM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegreen View Post
The fates are conspiring against me. I can't even get Camtasia Studio to record the video from my screen - the video is fine but the audio comes in 36 minute blocks of soundtrack interspersed with 36 minute blocks of white noise.
You may try some other screen video capture programs.

See the following thread for more:
the Best Screen Capture Program (record ANY video from your screen)
Old 09-15-2009, 10:14 AM
ploder

Has there been any developments on this issue? I am annoyed by the new version of the 4od service too. I keep losing connection on my crappy wireless adapter in laptop so I have to sit through 30+ seconds of adverts and the program starts from the beginning. All I want is to dl the video to my comp with a resume function when I disconnect.

I noticed the following link in the temp folder of Opera but don't know whether it is the advert or the program:

rtmpe://securestream.channel4.com/4oD/mp4:assets/CH4_08_02_16_47111005001001_001.mp4

Has anyone found a way to dl programs for the new 4oD?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:27 AM

I gave up in the end and just use WM Capture. The results are surprisingly satisfactory, with quality significantly better than achieved after a digital download followed by conversion from .asf to .avi or another editable format.

Although file size is larger, I've found that by recording pop-outs at medium window size I get a very acceptable balance between quality and file volume.

In any case, I never needed perfection in the first place. I'm only trying to help an expat family member to watch favourite programmes in far-away places, not trying to run a bootleg commercial venture.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:38 AM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploder View Post
I noticed the following link in the temp folder of Opera but don't know whether it is the advert or the program:

rtmpe://securestream.channel4.com/4oD/mp4:assets/CH4_08_02_16_47111005001001_001.mp4

Has anyone found a way to dl programs for the new 4oD?
I still have the same recommendations for RTMPE streams from 4oD: RTMPE stream recording/downloading/capturing/ripping/saving
Old 09-17-2009, 06:22 AM

dps9682 is on a distinguished road

rtmpdump has the same problems as I posted above awhile ago, just saves a 1.8k file of nothing, and just tried GetFLV, It does the same, saved a 1.8k empty file.

I use Camtasia Studio to capture the screen now as no video downloader has worked, WM Capture refused to accept my sound card, so thats out for me.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps9682 View Post
WM Capture refused to accept my sound card, so thats out for me.
WM Capture can record even from those sound cards that do not allow simultaneous audio playing and recording. And it works in Windows Vista and 7 where many programs don't work. You just need to go to the Settings and enable Universal audio driver.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:41 AM

I forgot to add that I'm using Vista and I'm sure that's why a lot of other solutions wouldn't work for me. In my version of Vista, some of the options to change video parameters simply wouldn't work. Incidentally, Tunebite (which I use to DRM-strip downloads) loves my Vista system, whereas it always dropped frames on my old XP system.
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , , ,