Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Media file management > Converting audio/video files
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:42 PM

cwadhwa is on a distinguished road

Burn wmv file to DVD format to play on any DVD player

Hi,

For some urgent work i need to burn the DVD with good quality video. I have got videos in wmv format. I want to burn them on DVD so that it plays on any DVD player. I am really confused on this :-(
Please help!

1) Which format should be burnt on DVD so that it could play on any DVD player?

2) I tried mp4 format, it plays on PC but does not play on DVD player.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:24 AM
Stream Recorder

Re: Burn wmv file to DVD format to play on any DVD player

You need to create a DVD-Video disc. You can convert WMV files to DVD-Video using freeware Handbrake, paid AVS Video Editor + DVD Authoring , Replay Converter,...

Alternatively you can record your videos from screen into DVD format using software like Replay Video Capture / WM Capture. Both programs create a DVD .ISO image that can be stored on a hard drive or burnt to a DVD.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 PM

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am a newbie in video recording so my questions might be of a learner.

A couple of more questions -

1) If i use any of the converter you have mentioned - which format will it convert wmv into? Will it be VOB format?

2) These videos are my mentor's precious lectures. wmv are the files which is the o/p of a editing software. Which format is the best to burn them on DVD so that it gives us the best quality.

3) In past, i have used a couple of converters. They do the job - convert it into vob but they degrade the quality of video. You have suggested a couple of converters. Can you suggest the best one out of them?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwadhwa View Post
1) If i use any of the converter you have mentioned - which format will it convert wmv into? Will it be VOB format?
The above mentioned programs allow you to create DVD-Video discs, so you don't need to care about file formats.

Quote:
2) These videos are my mentor's precious lectures. wmv are the files which is the o/p of a editing software. Which format is the best to burn them on DVD so that it gives us the best quality.
Bad choice of editing software. If you use Movie Maker, try to get the latest version.

DVD-Video uses MPEG-2 format. You can also burn your WMV files onto DVD, if you don't need to play your files on any DVD player.

Quote:
3) In past, i have used a couple of converters. They do the job - convert it into vob but they degrade the quality of video. You have suggested a couple of converters. Can you suggest the best one out of them?
The quality will degrade for sure. The only thing that can help is to use higher bitrate. However I would recommend to change your editing software.

p.s. I don't like DVDs. I prefer storing media files on a hard drive (using a raid array actually for backing up files on the fly) and playing them with a network media player
Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 AM
adam0718

Use freeware Handbrake for burning for you video DVD. It will convert your files to create a DVD that will work on any DVD player.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:05 AM

@ Stream Recorder - Thanks for all the info. I could not follow up because i was out of town.

I have some more questions -

I need to record and edit video of professional quality which could be telecast on TV channels. Till now we were using Sony camcorder.
Now i am looking for a professional camera and video editing softwares.

Could you help me figure out those.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
I need to record and edit video of professional quality which could be telecast on TV channels. Till now we were using Sony camcorder.
Now i am looking for a professional camera and video editing softwares.
Read camcorder reviews and choose camera that you like. Then see what software is recommended for the camcorder.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:01 AM

littlebong is on a distinguished road

There is a easy way Avdshare Video Converter which is the most efficient WMV to DVD Player converter featuring converting WMV to any kind of DVD player.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:44 PM

nguyenthanhtam9723 is on a distinguished road

http://caobanlong.org/cong-dung-cua-cao-ban-long/
Old 10-29-2016, 05:34 AM

littlebong is on a distinguished road

There is a easy way Avdshare Video Converter which is the most efficient WMV to DVD Player converter featuring converting WMV to any kind of DVD player.
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , , , ,