Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming media recording forum > Video stream recording (Adult streaming videos)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 01:47 AM

dealercohagen is on a distinguished road

Re: Automated Chaturbate Recording Under Linux

Why this script only works on Linux and not on Windows?...Python, RTMPDump, Livestreamer and BeautifulSoup4 all work on Windows so shouldn't this script work on Windows as well, would it be posible to make a few changes here and there to get it running on Windows? I tried running it but wouldn't connect.

Code:
28/05/2015 01:44:16 AM INFO:Starting application: version 7.0
28/05/2015 01:44:16 AM INFO:Connecting to https://chaturbate.com/auth/login/
28/05/2015 01:44:16 AM INFO:Starting new HTTPS connection (1): chaturbate.com
28/05/2015 01:44:17 AM ERROR:Some error during connecting to https://chaturbate.com/auth/login/
28/05/2015 01:44:17 AM ERROR:hostname 'chaturbate.com' doesn't match u'*.chaturbate.com'
28/05/2015 01:44:17 AM ERROR:Trying again after 60 seconds

I know I can just use Linux on virtualbox and that's what I've been doing and it's working so far but my problem is transferring the videos from Guest to Host, I tried to install Guest Additions but could not get it to work I tried using a USB flash drive but that didn't work either, so I had to upload all the videos and then download them to my PC, I prefer not doing any transferring or uploading and just have the videos saved to direct to my Windows PC, so if anyone can help me out I would highly appreciate.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:54 PM

cidman is on a distinguished road

Is this still working on the linux side.
All of a sudden today they changed either rtmp servers or the name of the servers

nevermind i figured it out, i deleted most of this post as it was unnecessary. I will check back later if anyone is having issues to help
Old 07-17-2015, 02:40 PM

Ignisbe is on a distinguished road

Recently ive started to get the model status is error when using rtmpdump. Used to work fine, double check the passhash and the location of the stream and it all seems ok.

Any other ideas?
Old 08-06-2015, 07:24 AM

blubbii91 is on a distinguished road

hi guys,

im new here and i have a few issues and questions about this.
Im currently using a linux ubuntu VM for this.
But i just stuck in the part where i have to put my pwhash into the modellist.py File. Line 79 is a completly emtpy line for me, what is wrong there? Can you please give me a hint where i have to put the pwhash and username in this file?
In the config file i have to put my pw in normal form alright?

I just tryed to run the main.py in terminal by using "./main.py" but got the following error message:
Code:

$ ./main.py
./main.py: line 3: $'\nMain file that includes all functions in appropriate order\n': command not found
./main.py: line 15: syntax error near unexpected token `Remove_folder'
./main.py: line 15: `	Remove_folder(Script_folder)'
Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english. Im also normaly a windows user and have this vm "only" for education purposes.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:01 PM

c4170001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubbii91 View Post
hi guys,

im new here and i have a few issues and questions about this.
Im currently using a linux ubuntu VM for this.
But i just stuck in the part where i have to put my pwhash into the modellist.py File. Line 79 is a completly emtpy line for me, what is wrong there? Can you please give me a hint where i have to put the pwhash and username in this file?
In the config file i have to put my pw in normal form alright?

I just tryed to run the main.py in terminal by using "./main.py" but got the following error message:
Code:

$ ./main.py
./main.py: line 3: $'\nMain file that includes all functions in appropriate order\n': command not found
./main.py: line 15: syntax error near unexpected token `Remove_folder'
./main.py: line 15: `	Remove_folder(Script_folder)'
Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english. Im also normaly a windows user and have this vm "only" for education purposes.
You only need to enter your username and password in the config file, it finds the hash automatically. No idea what you did to get those other errors though...

Anyway, I recommend using capturebate-node, much less hassle, pretty sure it works in Windows without modification and doesn't generate a new file every minute.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:13 AM

capturebate-node works on Windows, the only problem is when a model goes private it generate a new file every few seconds with 0 KB, is there a way to fix this?, also how do I stop recording properly? I tried Ctrl+C, it stops but the videos that was recording is not seekable and 00:00 duration.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:44 PM

blubbii91 is on a distinguished road

Hi thanks for that advice.
I did all steps to install capturbate-node and i tryed to use "screen" for running main.js.
So i installed screen by doing sudo apt-get screen. But when i type "screen" in terminal followed by "node main.js" nothing happens for me? There is no output but also no error message.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-07-2015, 10:52 PM

c4170001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealercohagen View Post
capturebate-node works on Windows, the only problem is when a model goes private it generate a new file every few seconds with 0 KB, is there a way to fix this?, also how do I stop recording properly? I tried Ctrl+C, it stops but the videos that was recording is not seekable and 00:00 duration.
The 0KB files also happens with the original Python version, it's just due to the way RTMPDump works. The reason it's creating them so often is because it rechecks every 10 milliseconds, which I believe is a mistake on the programmer's behalf. Just change the interval in your config to, for example, 60000 for every minute.

As for your other question, I don't really have a solution for exiting gracefully (I never need to manually exit), but you can create a .bat file with the following, it should fix most things:

Code:
ffmpeg -i "%~1" -async 1 -vcodec copy -acodec libvo_aacenc "%~p1%~n1 fix.flv"
Just have to drag a file into it and you're good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubbii91 View Post
Hi thanks for that advice.
I did all steps to install capturbate-node and i tryed to use "screen" for running main.js.
So i installed screen by doing sudo apt-get screen. But when i type "screen" in terminal followed by "node main.js" nothing happens for me? There is no output but also no error message.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!
Do you know what screen is for? If you're running it under a Linux VM that will be running on your computer 24/7, you should just be running it using 'python main.js', which you will want to try first anyway, to see if it actually works. Like I mentioned though, it does work on Windows so you don't need to go through the hassle of using a VM.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:55 PM

musterman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealercohagen View Post
could you explain how you got capturebate-node to work on windows?
i tried to run it and says that all models that i follow are online which was not true for the moment i started it
then it shows a message that every model stopped streaming then it starts again
this repeats again and again creating a 0kb for each model everytime

Last edited by musterman : 08-17-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musterman View Post
could you explain how you got capturebate-node to work on windows?
i tried to run it and says that all models that i follow are online which was not true for the moment i started it
then it shows a message that every model stopped streaming then it starts again
this repeats again and again creating a 0kb for each model everytime

Extract rtmpdump-2.4 to capturebate-node folder then press and hold the shift key and right click on the folder and click on Open Command Window Here, copy this
Code:
npm install bluebird
npm install js-yaml
npm install bhttp
npm install cheerio
npm install moment
npm install mkdirp
npm install string
npm install errors
npm install rtmpdump
paste it and press enter.
after it installed the packages, run it using node main.js

It worked for me, not sure it will work for you.
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,