Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Media file management > Removing copy-protection (like DRM, AACS)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 10:53 AM

buldog1 is on a distinguished road

Unlock legally purchased WMV file

Greetings,
I legally purchased the final game of the 2002 World Series several years ago from the Digital Download division of Major League Baseball and could originally open the WMV file. Since then, MLB licensing has ceased allowing the 500MB file to be opened. I tried opening the DRM protected file with Danisoft Media Converter, however the initial license approval step denies access. MLB has offered me a refund, however I really would like the game as a memorabilia keepsake. What is the best method for unlocking this file legitimately purchased by me? Thank you for any thoughts, Scott

Below is the statement from MLB when attempting to open the file (really just a bunch of lip service):

Attention Valued MLB.com Digital Download Customers:

It has come to our attention that a small subset of our MLB.com Digital Download customers are unable to access and watch certain games that they previously purchased on MLB.com. MLB.com is committed to ensuring that all non-functioning MLB.com Digital Downloads that were previously purchased directly from us are again made available at no additional cost to our customers without regard to the number of machines to which the Downloads have been transferred.

If you are unable to view a MLB.com Digital Download game that you purchased directly from us, please contact MLB.com Customer Service by either (1) sending an e-mail to customerservice@website.mlb.com listing the games that are no longer accessible, or (2) by calling 1-866-800-1275 to speak to a representative.

We will then send you an e-mail containing information on how to re-download and access these games. Please note that all Regular Season games will be available in the originally purchased format and that all Postseason games will be made available in Windows Media format. If we are unable to provide you with a replacement video, we will offer you a refund.

We regret any inconvenience, and value your continued support.

Sincerely, MLB.com

Last edited by buldog1 : 02-06-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Add greetings & thanks.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:31 AM
any user of the forum who preferred to post anonymously

any ANONYMOUS forum user is on a distinguished road

Re: Unlock legally purchased WMV file

You can remove DRM protection from WMV files that you can play. If you don't have a valid licence to play your WMV files, you can't use DRM removal software no matter whether it is lossless or lossy.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 AM

buldog1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response.
The file used to play, but now will not. So even though initially there was a functioning license (which now does not work), now there is no chance of making it play, correct? Is there any other way to make the file play or have I been totally screwed over by MLB?
Again thanks, Scott
Old 02-08-2010, 10:22 PM
any user of the forum who preferred to post anonymously

any ANONYMOUS forum user is on a distinguished road

If you can find SID and KID for your WMV file somehow (may be in the Internet), you will be able to remove DRM. AFAIK this is the only option.
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , ,