Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming media recording forum > Video stream recording
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Stream Recorder

How to install and run Replay Media Catcher on Linux (Ubuntu 9.10)

Wine lets you run Windows software on other operating systems like Linux and Mac OS. With Wine, you can install and run these applications just like you would on Windows. Wine is free and you don't need Windows license to use it.

How to install Replay Media Catcher for Windows on Linux like Ubuntu 9.10
  • Install Wine using Ubuntu Software Center, your favorite package manager or from Terminal:
    Code:
    sudo app-get install wine
  • Download Replay Media Catcher.
  • Right-click on the downloaded file (RCATSetup.exe) and select "Open with Wine Windows Program Loader"
  • Install Replay Media Catcher (the same way you usually install any Windows software)
Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Stream Recorder

Re: How to install and run Replay Media Catcher on Linux (Ubuntu 9.10)

How to use Replay Media Catcher for Windows on Ubuntu 9.10
  1. Go to Applications -> Wine -> Programs -> Applian Technologies and select Replay Media Catcher

Alternatively you can run Replay Media Catcher from a command line:
    Code:
    wine C:\\Program\ Files\\Replay\ Media\ Catcher\\MediaCatcher.exe
    Please note that "\" in the path are replaces with "\\" and " " (spaces)" are replaces with "\ " .

If you get the "The procedure * could not be located in the DLL MFC42.DLL." error, download mfc42.dll and copy it into the Windows/System32/ folder:
    Code:
    /home/YOUR_USER_NAME/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32
    and launch Replay Media Catcher again.
  2. Now you can record audio and video streams with Replay Media Catcher (RMC). It detects stream URLs automatically. The problem is that RMC can't get stream URLs from Linux browsers including Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Konqueror, Galeon, so you need to install a browser for Windows:
  3. After running Replay Media Catcher for Windows on Linux and starting recording with it, open a web-browser for Windows.

To launch Firefox for Windows on Ubuntu 9.10:
    Go to Applications -> Wine -> Programs -> Mozilla Firefox and select Mozilla Firefox (Make sure to install a web browser and all the plug-ins like Adobe Flash Player that are needed to play online videos that you want to record).
  4. Navigate to a web-page and play your audio/video stream. Replay Media Catcher will start downloading automatically.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Stream Recorder

Problems using Replay Media Catcher for Windows on Linux with Wine:
  • If you hit Record -> Launch Default Browser, your default Linux browser is launched. Make sure to launch browser for Windows using wine to record with Replay Media Catcher from it.
  • I used Replay Media Catcher on Ubuntu 9.10 with Wine and it crashed. I tried to launch it again, but I was getting an error that RMC couldn't launch a second copy of the program.

I tried to reboot wine automatically with wineboot, but I was getting the same error.

Then I tried to reboot Wine manually, but there were no WININIT.INI file in the /home/Your_User_Name/.wine/drive_c/windows/ directory.

Then I run "wineserver -k" in the terminal and it closed all wine applications, so I was able to launch RMC again. I had to re-launch Firefox for Windows as well.

Unlike Windows where you need to restart you computer, when RMC or your browser crashes, you can type "wineserver -k" in the Terminal on Linux and it will have the same effect onto wine as restarting Windows. Isn't it cool?!
  • I had problem using the "Video History Tool" and playing recorded FLV from Replay Media Catcher, but after rebooting my computer both the Video History Tool and the Play Media feature work fine on Ubuntu 9.10:

• Tools -> Open Storage Directory doesn't work. This is not important for me, because I save videos to /home/USER_NAME/videos so I can easily open the folder by clicking Places -> Videos on Ubuntu 9.10.
  • Sometimes when I hit a button in RMC, it minimizes. I can get back to it using ALT+TAB only.

Despite some problems I'm very impressed that I can use Replay Media Catcher 3.11 on Ubuntu 9.10 without paying for Windows license (Ubuntu and Wine are free).
Old 02-19-2010, 07:32 AM

carmelo42 is on a distinguished road

I have followed the how to, but when I launch RMC, I have this error :

the procedure * could not be located in the DLL MFC42.dll
Old 02-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelo42 View Post
I have followed the how to, but when I launch RMC, I have this error :

the procedure * could not be located in the DLL MFC42.dll
I had the same problem when I was using a different version of MFC42.DLL.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:11 AM
Stream Recorder

This version of mfc42.dll should work fine for you
Code:
http://drop.io/mfc42_dll
p.s. check it with virustotal.com
Old 07-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Stream Recorder

After installing Opera 10.54 and Flash Player 10.01 I started having problems with Replay Media Catcher 3.11 in Ubuntu 10.04 with Wine 1.1.42. RMC was freezing. The problem was solved after renaming FLVSrvc.exe in the following folder:
Code:
/home/USER/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Replay Media Catcher
Please note that the Video History Tool will stop working after renaming FLVSrvc.exe
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , , , , ,