Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming media recording forum > Audio stream recording
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:00 AM

guidebook is on a distinguished road

Record Clear Channel radio stations (iheartradio.com)

Hi!

First, sorry for my bad English. My first language is French.

I'm trying to record Clear Channel radio stations which simulcast on iheartradio.com via the RTMP protocol.

First, some background.

The url of their stream is updated constantly but can be found in a XML file, at URL "http://p2.STATION_NAME.ccomrcdn.com/player/player_dispatcher.html?section=radio&action=listen _live"

For example, if I want to record Z100 (call letters: WHTZ-FM), the URL of the XML is "http://p2.whtz-fm.ccomrcdn.com/player/player_dispatcher.html?section=radio&action=listen _live"

Then I try to record with rtmpdump with the URL given in the XML file but I have the following error: NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound

If I try to listen to the stream with Applian FLV Player, it works!

Could you help me?

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:51 AM

elch is on a distinguished road

Re: Record Clear Channel radio stations (iheartradio.com)

The XML file you are linking to did not work for me, but this channel does:

_http://p2.whtz-fm.ccomrcdn.com/player/player_dispatcher.html?section=radio&action=listen _live

I tried to use rtmpsuck, but strangely it does not work for that particular stream (doesn't show anything, not even with -z). Yes, iptables is properly configured.

When I'm also setting the parameters
Quote:
-s "http://www.iheartradio.com/mediaplayer/CCB-20100317.swf"
and
Quote:
-y "live/COR_CAguilera_OR@s11436"
it results in a "NetStream.Failed".

PS: There's also a French sub-forum here. Unfortunately, with no activity so far.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:13 AM

Poulbot is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Quote:
--live -v
Specify that the media is a live stream. No resuming or seeking in live streams is possible.
Example :
Quote:
rtmpdump --live -r rtmp://......
or
Quote:
rtmpdump -v -r rtmp://......

Last edited by Poulbot : 04-15-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: error
Old 04-17-2010, 08:21 AM

guidebook is on a distinguished road

Thanks! Now it's working
Old 06-07-2010, 11:58 PM

hDy is on a distinguished road

I found all this information very helpful, I'm currently attempting to record a station from iheartradio.com and have got it all setup to download via rtmpdump (thanks to the above help)

I'm currently trying to scrape the rtmp link from the xml file that is always updated and place it in a bat file that will be executed daily at a set time (to record dave ramsey) since I hate missing his show because I'm at work..

If anyone has ideas on how to scrape the rtmp link out of the xml file and place it in a bat file I would be more than happy to know how you did it!

I've tried using wget to grab the xml file but it doesn't appear to grab the file correctly.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:58 PM

y2kdread is on a distinguished road

Anyone have any other ideas or ways on how to do this? I am trying to do the same sort of thing. I have no clue how long the RTMP link from the XML file is good for though.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Stream Recorder

I'm not sure what kind of problem you have. If you have some programming skills, there shouldn't be any problem extracting URLs from XML files.

If you can't do that, you can always use GUI RTMP Flash stream recorders for Windows. And you can use rtmpsrv, rtmpsuck on Linux.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 AM

I don't have any problems recording using RTMP Dump, it's just that clear channel seems to invalidate the link given to the XML file every so often.

So when I try to record a show in the AM, that RTMP link is invalid. I can work on creating a script or something to rip that link from the XML file, but I would need to be pointed to some resources.

Any ideas on where to look to do that?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:25 AM

Stream Recorder -

It actually looks like Clear Channel decided to change the way you get the RTM Link. When I try to download the XML file from _http://p2.kegl-fm.ccomrcdn.com/player/player_dispatcher.html?section=radio&action=listen _liveRemember I don't see any information in it anymore.

Do you know of a program that is compatible with Clear Channel/iheartradio?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Stream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys - I can't say much, but I just tested a program that worked BEAUTIFULLY with iheartradio - bookmark this thread, we'll have updates within a few weeks hopefully
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , , ,