Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming media recording forum > Screen video capture software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:18 AM

dps9682 is on a distinguished road

Problem capturing 4od videos from screen (Recording channel4 on demand videos)

I hoped that wouldn't be the way, as that is so awkward, anyone know of any screen capturing software that can record real time at a good size?

Camtasia slows down, and WM Capture messes up my audio.

I use xvid avi codec, and usually Camtasia to record as i've found it the best quality recorder on the market, but only of course in comparison to the others I've tried, PC spec wise I'm running xp on a 3.2ghz, 256MB Video Card (Nvidia) and 1.5Ghz Ram, Anything say the size of a youtube video gets slow and jumpy, usually I zoom out on the page, record and then resize after. but 4od wont let you zoon out on a page, or at least it does but the video stays the same size.

thanks for all the advice so far, Beginning to think 4od has made the perfect streaming service, which is annoying as they used to have a download feature, until they removed drm for mac and linux users

thx
Old 07-10-2009, 04:11 AM
Stream Recorder

Re: Problem capturing 4od videos from screen (Recording channel4 on demand videos)

xvid is a very good codec, but not for Real Time encoding. It needs lots of resources.

I would suggest to record into MPEG-2 instead. And then you can recompress MPEG-2 files with XVid or x264.

If you need better quality, you may record from screen using HUFFYUV or Motion JPEG codecs instead of MPEG-2

As for WM Capture audio problems, see the following thread:
Poor audio sync with WM Capture
Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Stream Recorder

Re: Problem capturing 4od videos from screen (Recording channel4 on demand videos)

You can also download channel4 video or capture them from streaming media player (instead of recording from screen):
www.channel4.com: Any way to capture video from the new 4OD service?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:37 PM

shammax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream Recorder View Post
You can also download channel4 video or capture them from streaming media player (instead of recording from screen):
www.channel4.com: Any way to capture video from the new 4OD service?

Nah with due respect ,i think you are wrong SR ,ive tried to download these & failed with everything.
Screen capture software buffers consistently for me as i'm using a VPN to get a UK IP, so it makes it darn painful

these threads are just going around in circles ,you get to the end page & then it heads off with another threaded url

we hope 1 day someone will come up with a solution.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammax View Post
Nah with due respect ,i think you are wrong SR ,ive tried to download these & failed with everything.
Screen capture software buffers consistently for me as i'm using a VPN to get a UK IP, so it makes it darn painful
Screen capture software records from your screen, so of course it will record ads, buffering,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammax View Post
these threads are just going around in circles ,you get to the end page & then it heads off with another threaded url

we hope 1 day someone will come up with a solution.
There are multiple solutions available. Besides thing change over time, so there will be more and more forum posts. If you have problem with a particular software, please post about it.
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , ,