Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Media file management > Converting audio/video files
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Pepin

convert flash swf to mov

I have a swf flash file with video an audio. I need to convert it to a more manageable format for my Quicktime. I’ve already tried converting it with EasyWMV, but I only get audio in the created file.
Thanks for any help
Old 03-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Stream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond repute

Re: convert flash swf to mov

Hmm that's tough, SWF Videos are hard to convert from due to menu's, etc. You might want to try RE-recording it with a Screen Capture program, then you should be able to convert it with Replay Converter or other audio/video converter programs.

That's jusy MY 2 cents, others..please feel free to chime in.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Stream Recorder

If you switch to offline mode, can you see the video while playing your SWF file?

If you have problems with audio/video converters, you can always use screen video capture software to record SWF video with audio.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:57 PM
LanPade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin View Post
I have a swf flash file with video an audio. I need to convert it to a more manageable format for my Quicktime. I only get audio in the created file.
well, if you want to play the swf movies by Quicktime, you might convert swf file to .mov formats.

ps: you can just use the custom settings so that there won't be "only get audio in the created file"
Old 06-15-2015, 08:22 AM

traiseey is on a distinguished road

Found a solution on how to convert SWF to MOV, MP4 from techsmith's feedback:

Now I easily convert SWF to MOV, MP4, AVI, OGV, WebM after I read this article which informs me what's SWF format and how to decode SWF to MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, WMV etc and encode MP4 to SWF, MOV to SWF, AVI to SWF, etc. Love it

Step by step guide at http://www.faasoft.com/articles/convert-swf-to-mov.html

Hope it's useful to you.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:03 AM

tesiamong is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin View Post
I have a swf flash file with video an audio. I need to convert it to a more manageable format for my Quicktime. I’ve already tried converting it with EasyWMV, but I only get audio in the created file.
Thanks for any help
I had the same problem with yours. And my suggestion is to record the file with some powerful recorder and convert the new file to .mov.
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , ,