Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Web-site feedback > Comments, suggestions, requests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 12:56 PM
any user of the forum who preferred to post anonymously

any ANONYMOUS forum user is on a distinguished road

Connection between this forum and the A**lian company

Hehe.. i dont have a problem with it, yet i see some connection (Tom M.) between this forum and the A**lian company. Looks like this here is the inofficial **C3/*M*4 support and promoting forum, neat!! (and good to know )

I still like and use Replay Media Catcher 3 for various purposes, and would wish to see some continuation of further minor development (in the GUI). So maybe we can use this thread to talk about and complain about all the pro's and con's and issues (and bugs) of the listed tools.

RMC and Jaksta are public commercial tools, with headquarters in the English-speaking 1st world countries. That's why these 2 products cannot circumvent protected streaming technologies (to anticipate resentment with Adobe f**kz) any longer. And never again in future. So thanks to this forum (thanks to A**lian!!) i know now how to download (not record!) any kind of protected streamings, namely with rtmpdump.exe and Blader.exe and etc.

Maybe you guys at A. could implement a more direct support of rtmpdump.exe since the command line for this command line tool is extremely long (e.g. for Hulu hulu.com , or any other secure secured streams) and it would be just awesome to use RMC as the GUI for rtmpsrv.exe and rtmpdump.exe (both by the same Ch*nese author Mr. H. Chu).

Gotcha Tom!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Stream Recorder

Re: Connection between this forum and the A**lian company

Quote:
Originally Posted by any ANONYMOUS forum user View Post
Hehe.. i dont have a problem with it, yet i see some connection (Tom M.) between this forum and the A**lian company. Looks like this here is the inofficial **C3/*M*4 support and promoting forum, neat!! (and good to know )

I still like and use Replay Media Catcher 3 for various purposes, and would wish to see some continuation of further minor development (in the GUI). So maybe we can use this thread to talk about and complain about all the pro's and con's and issues (and bugs) of the listed tools.
You should have noticed that the developers of Jaksta, GetFLV, StreamTransport, rtmpdump ... have made many posts in the forums. Also you should have noticed that your posts were not changed by moderators as well. This is a free forum and anybody can voice his/her opinion freely. So feel free to discuss and suggest any products that you like in the above mentioned thread or any other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by any ANONYMOUS forum user View Post
RMC and Jaksta are public commercial tools, with headquarters in the English-speaking 1st world countries. That's why these 2 products cannot circumvent protected streaming technologies (to anticipate resentment with Adobe f**kz) any longer. And never again in future. So thanks to this forum (thanks to A**lian!!) i know now how to download (not record!) any kind of protected streamings, namely with rtmpdump.exe and Blader.exe and etc.

Maybe you guys at A. could implement a more direct support of rtmpdump.exe since the command line for this command line tool is extremely long (e.g. for Hulu hulu.com , or any other secure secured streams) and it would be just awesome to use RMC as the GUI for rtmpsrv.exe and rtmpdump.exe (both by the same Ch*nese author Mr. H. Chu).
This is not only about English speaking countries. Say the russian developer of save2pc Ultimate and the chinese developer of NetXFer were forced to remove RTMPE support from their software.

The biggest problem is that to download RTMPE streams, you need to find a stream URL. To do that you need to use decryption methods prohibited by DMCA. That is why most programs do not support RTMPE, MoveMedia and similar streams.

Right now we have a free open source product and library (librtmp) that allows to download RTMPE streams, so there will be more and more products supporting RTMPE. Adobe won't be able to stop this process. At the same time many companies won't be able support RTMPE due to DMCA.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Moderator - exTerminator

placebo is on a distinguished road

This forum has a section with WM Recorder support!!

www.wmrecorder.com is by Applian group too lol! (and this forum integrates a section for official(?) support of WM Recorder).

telling from its version number (14.x!!) it must be the oldest product ever made by Applian. their very first ba*y. though i dont doubt its capabilities, ... it's maybe time for a rewrite. from scratch. what developers nowadays should keep in mind is the fun factor. the old school people still use Totalcommander. it's powerful but no fun (and also ugly) so i dont use it. WMR might be powerful (but has serious problems with the test url, see thread) but is neither fun nor attractive nor easy/logical to use. (too much reading required). it is missing a wizard too. in contrast, Replay Media Catcher is easy, pretty, and real fun.

if i were alex (the developer), i would leave the sinking boat. why? because i know so many "lethargic" websites which have been leaving the boat (WM, WMA, WMV, MMS, RTSP) too and have upgraded to Adobe Shockwave, Adobe Flash, and ultimately to Adobe AIR (see Thumbplay), and protected streaming.

Microsoft (zune, silverlight) is maybe the last major (and financially powerful) company which still uses such old streaming technology. why? its theirs. MMS is microsoft. WM* is microsoft. so no wonder why microsoft's websites and webpages *dont* employ Adobe technology. Adobe is their enemy.

Whereever i go (WMR, Jaksta, RMC3, RMC4, UnDRM.info, Stream-Recorder.com, ..) it is all powered by Applian and leads to promotion of Applian products! This forum is biassed!! ( ..just havin some fun.. )
Old 11-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by placebo View Post
This forum has a section with WM Recorder support!!

www.wmrecorder.com is by Applian group too lol! (and this forum integrates a section for official(?) support of WM Recorder).
http://wmrecorder.com/company.php
About All Alex Inc.

All the WM Recorder products on this site were developed by Alex Urich of All Alex Inc. In 2003, Alex partnered with Applian Technologies to publish WM Recorder.

About Applian Technologies Inc.

Applian Technologies markets and publishes a variety of software for converting and recording video and audio streamed over the Internet.

Quote:
telling from its version number (14.x!!) it must be the oldest product ever made by Applian. their very first ba*y. though i dont doubt its capabilities, ... it's maybe time for a rewrite. from scratch. what developers nowadays should keep in mind is the fun factor. the old school people still use Totalcommander. it's powerful but no fun (and also ugly) so i dont use it. WMR might be powerful (but has serious problems with the test url, see thread) but is neither fun nor attractive nor easy/logical to use. (too much reading required). it is missing a wizard too. in contrast, Replay Media Catcher is easy, pretty, and real fun.
Since WM Recorder is developed All Alex Inc. it has different versioning.

WMR was the first stream recorder that was able to record streaming media automatically. It had lots of fans because it was easy to use as well as very powerful.

WMR is different from Replay Media Catcher. It is really good that these products are not just clones.

If you have suggestions how to make it easier to use, I guess Alex will be glad to hear them.

Quote:
if i were alex (the developer), i would leave the sinking boat. why? because i know so many "lethargic" websites which have been leaving the boat (WM, WMA, WMV, MMS, RTSP) too and have upgraded to Adobe Shockwave, Adobe Flash, and ultimately to Adobe AIR (see Thumbplay), and protected streaming.
There will be more and more protected streams I suppose. That is why Alex added support of RTMP streams to WMR and developed WM Capture, I suppose. I hope to see more features and more software from Alex, IMHO he is a great developer and his products are very stable.

Quote:
Microsoft (zune, silverlight) is maybe the last major (and financially powerful) company which still uses such old streaming technology. why? its theirs. MMS is microsoft. WM* is microsoft. so no wonder why microsoft's websites and webpages *dont* employ Adobe technology. Adobe is their enemy.
MSN video was using Flash videos until recently. Now MS has Smooth Streaming that seems to work in Windows, Linux and Mac OS, so we will see who will win this battle. Anyway competition forces both companies to offer better products.

Quote:
Whereever i go (WMR, Jaksta, RMC3, RMC4, UnDRM.info, Stream-Recorder.com, ..) it is all powered by Applian and leads to promotion of Applian products! This forum is biassed!! ( ..just havin some fun.. )
And you use RMC, Jaksta and stream-recorder.com. Are you biased or work for Applian?
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: ,