Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming media recording forum > Video stream recording (Adult streaming videos)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:00 AM

misterfister is on a distinguished road
Smile

AndrewBlake.Com - record/save the flash feed from the video player pop-up (Mac)

Hello all-

I'm trying to record/save the flash feed from the video player pop-up on the adult site AndrewBlake.com. I am on a mac (and am willing to install boot camp) and have had off and on sporadic luck with the various Mac based rippers. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this question? I'm not sure what type of feed this is coming off this site.

It doesn't appear to be RTMP.

Thanks for any guidance on this....
Old 08-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Stream Recorder

Re: AndrewBlake.Com - record/save the flash feed from the video player pop-up (Mac)

On-demand videos are not free, so I have no access to them.

The web-site uses flash streaming, so it is either HTTP, RTMP or RTMPE streams. You can copy HTTP streams from the cache of your web-browser or download them with web-browser add-ons like Fast Video Download.

As for RTMP and RTMPE streams, you can download them using rtmpdump or rtmpsuck.

I can't help you with Mac, but if you install freeware virtual machine VirtualBox and freeware Ubuntu Linux onto it, I can help setting up rtmpsuck.

You can also use Replay Media Catcher 3.11 on your Mac for downloading HTTP and RTMP streams:
How to install and run Replay Media Catcher on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)
Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 PM

misterfister is on a distinguished road

Re: AndrewBlake.Com - record/save the flash feed from the video player pop-up (Mac)

Stream Recorder-

Thank you so much for the info and offer to help. I am installing VM Ware for MAC to be able to run Windows XP. With that up and running (soon) will I be able to use Replay? Some-actually most- of the Linux stuff goes way over my head!

M
Old 08-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterfister View Post
I am installing VM Ware for MAC to be able to run Windows XP. With that up and running (soon) will I be able to use Replay? Some-actually most- of the Linux stuff goes way over my head!
You can install any virtual machine. Freeware VirtualBox should work just fine for you. You can use VM Ware, Parallels Desktop for Max OS X or any other virtual machine for Mac OS.

If you install a virtual machine and Windows XP guest OS, you will be able to run almost any software that works in Windows XP including Replay Media Catcher 3.11 and 4.

The only problem is that you will need a license for Windows XP. If you don't won't to buy a license for Windows XP, you can still run RMC 3.11 on your Mac OS using freeware Wine emulator. It shouldn't be difficult to install. I've already mentioned a tutorial, and you can also use the following video tutorial:

How to Download Streaming Videos on a Mac using Replay Media Catcher 3.11 and WINE

Please note that RMC doesn't support RTMPE streams anymore.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Stream Recorder

Jaksta for Mac is available. It allows to download HTTP and RTMP flash video streams.
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , ,