Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Broadcasting streaming media > Streaming servers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 12:50 AM

jason666 is on a distinguished road

streaming from a sat receiver

Hi guys,

I am not sure if the right section to place my question.
This is the case:

I have a satellite receiver and would like to stream some channels to a friend of mine who does not have a sat dish. Like giving him a m3u list.

Where to start?

thanks
Old 04-17-2016, 06:49 AM

marra is on a distinguished road

Re: streaming from a sat receiver

Hi, if your sat receiver is linux based you should be able to login via web browser and download a .m3u8 file for your channel then open that in notepad++ and edit it removing the sat receiver ip address with you wan ip or preferably a dynamic dns then you will need to log into your router and open the port from your m3u8 file and direct it to your sat receiver and that should be it send your friend the m3u8 file and you should be good if your sat is not linux based you may well have no luck without capturing the stream first.

edit: sorry i'm new to the forum and I didn't realise this was a old post but hopefully it will still help someone.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:30 PM

wirralprints@yahoo.co.uk is on a distinguished road

Re: streaming from a sat receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by marra View Post
Hi, if your sat receiver is linux based you should be able to login via web browser and download a .m3u8 file for your channel then open that in notepad++ and edit it removing the sat receiver ip address with you wan ip or preferably a dynamic dns then you will need to log into your router and open the port from your m3u8 file and direct it to your sat receiver and that should be it send your friend the m3u8 file and you should be good if your sat is not linux based you may well have no luck without capturing the stream first.

edit: sorry i'm new to the forum and I didn't realise this was a old post but hopefully it will still help someone.
sorry for reviving a old thread but could you explain in more detail how this is achieved or is there a tutorial anywhere thanks
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: