Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming audio and video online. Audio and video downloads. > Overcoming geograhical restrictions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 07:21 AM
any user of the forum who preferred to post anonymously

any ANONYMOUS forum user is on a distinguished road

Spotify Problem: Not available in your country. How to listen to Spotify in the USA?

I'm from the UK. I live there and enjoy Spotify so much. But when I try to use Spotify in the USA, I get the following message:
Code:
Not available in your country
I know that Spotify is available in Finland, France, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom only. But can I listen to Spotify from the USA or some other country not listed above?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:33 AM
Stream Recorder

Re: Spotify Problem: Not available in your country. How to listen to Spotify in the U

Most probably USA has more music services than any other country, so just use Spotify alternatives.

You can also use VPNs, proxy servers,... to overcome geo restrictions and listen to Spotify outside Finland, France, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom. See the following thread for more:
How to access BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Fancast, Pandora, any other region-restricted sites

Alternatively, you can record some music from Spotify and listen to it outside these countries. Although I would recommend to purchase music (especially if you want to avoid any problems with customs).
Old 07-18-2011, 09:11 AM
any user of the forum who preferred to post anonymously

any ANONYMOUS forum user is on a distinguished road

Re: Spotify Problem: Not available in your country. How to listen to Spotify in the U

July, 2011:

1. spotify is available in the USA. no more tricks needed if you are a U.S. resident.

2. if you (already) own a U.S.A. spotify account and dont live in the U.S.A., then no tricks needed either. the spotify client (which asks you for username and password) does not check if your ip number is US-based. you can launch the spotify software and login. no proxies or vpn's needed.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:06 PM

JerryJay is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the article. For those who live outside US and want to access Spotify, you can use UnoTelly as I do to get around the geo block.
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , , ,