Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming media recording forum > Video stream recording
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 04:42 PM

ulrichburke is on a distinguished road

Replay Media Catcher SEEMS to vanish when recording!

Dear All.

I'm a first-time user of this impressive-looking software, which will explain the dumbass nature of this question!

I start up the Replay Media Catcher. The little box appears, blue, with the RECORD button in the bottom left-hand corner. I click on that, then navigate to the site containing the video I want to record. I start the video playing and its name appears in the little box.

Then the window fades to transparent and vanishes! It plays a little chord just before it vanishes. Is it supposed to vanish? If it is, where's it recording the video TO - where on the hard drive is it finding it - and does it stop automatically when the current stream stops?

If it ISN'T supposed to vanish, what's going on? I've tried reinstalling it, but the same thing happens. Anyone got any ideas? I think the program WOULD work if it just stuck around long enough to get started!

All help gratefully received - it's legally purchased, I've got installation codes and everything.

Yours hopefully

Christopher Burke
Old 02-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

Stream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Replay Media Catcher SEEMS to vanish when recording!

Hi Christopher,

Sounds likee you have it set to 'hide' when minimized.

This is easy to fix,

1. Click on Tools
2. Select 'settings'.
3. UN-CHECK the bottom option, "Minimize to the System Tray'.

let me know if this helps. :-)
Old 02-22-2009, 02:55 AM

Dear Streamripper.

Nope, it's not minimising, it's definitely winking out of existence! I made sure the 'Keep Window on top' button was checked and the 'Minimise to Tray' button wasn't.

When I launched the program, I left it a few minutes to see if it stayed around. Which it did. Then I clicked on 'Record', went to Veoh, chose a short video at random (think it was a Bulgarian pop song, actually!) and the program vanished. I did a CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up the window that shows a list of all the programs that are running and it wasn't listed in either the PROCESSES or the APPLICATIONS lists.

So where the heck's it going to? And why? I've never had a program this unstable before - or rather, this predictably unstable. It will last until you hit the Webpage you want to record from. Then it'll vanish. Every time. Without fail. Which slightly makes it a tad pointless - a recording program that vanishes whenever you want it to record anything!

Do I try a fourth reinstallation, or just give up on it as a bad job?

Yours puzzledly,

Christopher Burke.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Stream Recorder

The symptoms are similar to cracked software.

If you own a legal version of Replay Media Catcher, please submit a support ticket at www.applian.com
Old 02-24-2009, 08:17 PM

Would you like me to post the codes to show it isn't cracked? Are you sure you're trying to get out of the fact the software doesn't work (or only works in specific situations) by saying my copy's 'cracked'?

Yours respectfully

ulrichburke
Old 02-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Stream Recorder

You shouldn't show your registration code to the public.

This is the first time I see a request like that. Usually weird behavior can be explained by other software installed on your computer. Try to use a demo version of Replay Media Catcher on any other computer and I'm pretty sure you won't see anything like that.

I have no idea what causes the problem. You may try to close other programs and even kill other processes on your computer and try to find the one that makes it happen. But it is pretty weird that the program disappears without any error messages.

You can also try to install Media Catcher onto clean OS and see whether the situation is the same.

p.s. If you don't want to spend your time onto something like this, you can always use a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee that Applian Technologies offers.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Stream recording expert

compn has a spectacular aura aboutcompn has a spectacular aura aboutcompn has a spectacular aura about

i had a problem where RMC would crash silently when i had utorrent running. closing utorrent , then running rmc would work fine.

hope this helps.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by compn View Post
i had a problem where RMC would crash silently when i had utorrent running. closing utorrent , then running rmc would work fine.
I hope this helps too, as I use Replay Media Catcher with uTorrent all the time. uTorrent is in my list of ignored application in Replay Media Catcher.

Also RMC really crashed when I tried to use it with some download managers or stream recorders simultaneously. In some cases it was not Replay Media Catcher that was crashing, but another application that was trying to download the same file as Replay Media Catcher.

Even if you don't use RMC, it is always a good idea not to use any stream recorders with other programs downloading media streams simultaneously. As for RMC, you cad add uTorrent, download managers and other stream recorders to the list of ignored applications:
  1. Go to "Tools" -> "Settings"
  2. Click "Advanced"
  3. Click "Add App" and select the application. Then hit the "Open" button.
  4. Repeat Step 3 for every application that you want to add to the ignored applications list.
  5. Click the "Ok" button to close the "Advanced Settings" window.
  6. Click the "Close" button.
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , ,