Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming media recording forum > Audio stream recording
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Howard FTW

sam4037 is on a distinguished road
Question

Samurai.fm audio stream URL?

Dear rtmpdump users and faithful followers,

I am trying to download this rtmp stream:

Code:
rtmp://stream.samurai.fm:1935/vods3/mp4:amazons3/origin.samurai.fm/media/b1d1e442/set_tresor_2011-02-17.m4a
but unfortunately rtmpdump tells me:

Code:
WARNING: Received FLV packet before play()! Ignoring.
As I am quite new to this and not so handy with all the documentation so far it would be very much appreciated if an experienced rtmpdump user could help me figure this out.

I sniffed and rtmp URL with CooJah6 (awesome sniffer) and can download it with the built in Blader BUT I would like to use rtmpdump as well as I simply LOVE rtmpdump and have been using it to record many videos so far.

Now that it comes to an audio stream I guess I have to learn more about it. Any help towards this is very much appreciated.

If it helps the Referrer URL is

Code:
http://samurai.fm/flash/player.swf
Thanks for your time and effort.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Stream Recorder

Re: Samurai.fm audio stream URL?

You can also download RTMP streams with freeware CooJah + Blader, Orbit Downloader, StreamTransport,...

And you can try to capture RTMP streams in real time while you listen to them using freeware CooJah (without Blader), Orbit Grab Pro.

If you like rtmpdump, I recommend you to install Linux like Ubuntu and use it with rtmpsrv or rtmpsuck. Also read how to use rtmpsrv in Windows.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:13 AM

nullacht will become famous soon enoughnullacht will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam4037 View Post
I am trying to download this rtmp stream:

Code:
rtmp://stream.samurai.fm:1935/vods3/mp4:amazons3/origin.samurai.fm/media/b1d1e442/set_tresor_2011-02-17.m4a
but unfortunately rtmpdump tells me:

Code:
WARNING: Received FLV packet before play()! Ignoring.
Try this command line:

Code:
rtmpdump -r "rtmp://stream.samurai.fm:1935/vods3/" -y "mp4:amazons3/origin.samurai.fm/media/b1d1e442/set_tresor_2011-02-17.m4a" -o set_tresor_2011-02-17.flv
Old 02-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Howard FTW

@nullacht
You Sir are a genius! Thanks so much!

What did I do wrong?

I used this command line beforehand and it did not work giving me the above mentioned error.

Code:
rtmpdump -r "rtmp://stream.samurai.fm:1935/vods3/mp4:amazons3/origin.samurai.fm/media/b1d1e442/set_tresor_2011-02-17.m4a" −v -o set_tresor_2011-02-17.m4a
You seem to have added the "y" and also swap around some things in the URL. I think you described the absolute path better then me or actually did give a path whereas I did not. How do I know where the path starts, i.e. where to chop of the URL and put the part with the "-y" and what part of the URL the destination where the file is hosted? Perhaps I am confusing things a little bit, I hope you understand what I mean?

Can you explain your steps please? I am so willing to understand this. I have in the meanwhile read some of the rtmpdump documentation but without example it is a bit hard. This will make it more easy for me to understand.

I think I have also read some of your posts on the gully forum. You seem to be quite the rtmpdump guru, right, hehe?

Well thanks so much for your help. I hope we can write more and like that I can understand this better for future rips from other audio streams.

@nullacht & StreamRecorder
Yes of course I can use those tools to automatically do the work for me but I love to use the command line of rtmpdump. I run it on XP and am thinking about Ubuntu for a long time now since I just started my IT degree and I see that there is a lot, I mean really a lot of advantages over the MS OS, at least in certain aspects. However to be able to use rtmpdump, rtmpsuck and rtmpserv one does not need to install Ubuntu, those things also run on XP as far as I know, no?

I managed to get the URL with CooJah and then downloaded the file with the integrated Blader. Since the first time I ran CooJah I love it, so detailed and so many options. But ideally rtmpdump is my favorite.

Is Wireshark also a similar tool for things like that or is that even deeper analysis, i.e. can it be use to obtain the rtmp URLs of audio and video streams as well?

What I am looking for ideally is a tool that can give me the rtmp URL of any audio or video stream using that protocol and then simply pop it into rtmpdump, since I love using that so much, not such a big fan of the automatic tools that do all the work for me, more like to find the right command line and then look at rtmpdump do the work while I sit back. And learning to find the right command line for rtmpdump is what I enjoy most considering ripping audio and video streams. Always exciting to see rtmpdump's response, hehe.

Ok hope this is not too detailed, thank you both for your quick and detailed help, I hope to learn what I did wrong from this example. All the best and so long.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Howard FTW

I am just reading these two excellent threads 1. 2. about rtmpsrv and how to use it and have a simple question.

In order to get rtmpsrv running smoothly, i.e. spitting out the right command line at the end, one does need to know the HOST address of the rtmp file.

So let's say I don't want to use any of these tools listed here is there a way to finding the HOST address of the rtmp file without them?

I am wondering about this as ideally I would only like to use rtmpdump (with rtmpsrv and rtmpsuck) to find the HOST address and then record it. Is that possible without any of those URL finders or does one really need to use them? I have checked the documentation here but unfortunately did not find info about rtmpsrv and rtmpsuck. Is there an official documentation/manual for those two? Where is it?

Why am I wondering about not using any of the above listed tools? Well once I install Coojah to find the HOST address I might as well use the integrated Blader to download it in a easy way as well as getting a lot more information (like the whole request header and so on) ((and now I think I understand how nullacht put the playpath in the command line, I think I am getting there..).

On the other hand once I downloaded the file with rtmpdump it gave it to me in .flv file format and that I could play with foobar as well as mpc build 1.3.1774.0 (my favourite media players) whereas the .m4a file I was getting with Coojah needed SMplayer to play it properly as the other two media players would not accept it, I guess due to the missing FAAD AAC codec(???), even though mpc would so far play every audio and video file I came across. So there you go there are advantages and disadvantages.

Long story short: is there a way of getting the HOST address without URL finder tools? If so how?

Then considering this particular file and getting the HOST address let's look at the request header:

Code:
url:
app: vods3/
flashVer: WIN 10,2,152,26
pageUrl: http://www.tanith.org/?p=2235
swfUrl: http://samurai.fm/flash/player.swf
tcUrl: rtmp://stream.samurai.fm:1935/vods3/
playPath: mp4:amazons3/origin.samurai.fm/media/b1d1e442/set_tresor_2011-02-17.m4a
Is the HOST address
Code:
stream.samurai.fm
or
Code:
origin.samurai.fm
???

Again thanks for any help and info to my many questions, I am super excited about all this and will dig and dig until my thirst for knowledge about this is satisfied. Thanks so much!!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
@nullacht & StreamRecorder
Yes of course I can use those tools to automatically do the work for me but I love to use the command line of rtmpdump. I run it on XP and am thinking about Ubuntu for a long time now since I just started my IT degree and I see that there is a lot, I mean really a lot of advantages over the MS OS, at least in certain aspects. However to be able to use rtmpdump, rtmpsuck and rtmpserv one does not need to install Ubuntu, those things also run on XP as far as I know, no?
I haven't seen any success using rtmpsuck in Windows yet.

rtmpsrv can be used in Windows, but you need to find the host, change the hosts files, then change it back. Compare it to Linux where you just launch a couple of commands in the Terminal.

Quote:
I managed to get the URL with CooJah and then downloaded the file with the integrated Blader. Since the first time I ran CooJah I love it, so detailed and so many options. But ideally rtmpdump is my favorite.

Is Wireshark also a similar tool for things like that or is that even deeper analysis, i.e. can it be use to obtain the rtmp URLs of audio and video streams as well?
CooJah is much much easier than Wireshark for finding RTMP and RTMPE parameters.

Quote:
Then considering this particular file and getting the HOST address let's look at the request header:

Code:
url:
app: vods3/
flashVer: WIN 10,2,152,26
pageUrl: http://www.tanith.org/?p=2235
swfUrl: http://samurai.fm/flash/player.swf
tcUrl: rtmp://stream.samurai.fm:1935/vods3/
playPath: mp4:amazons3/origin.samurai.fm/media/b1d1e442/set_tresor_2011-02-17.m4a
Is the HOST address
Code:
stream.samurai.fm
or
Code:
origin.samurai.fm
???
stream.samurai.fm (comes after the "://" and finishes with the "/" or ":")

Quote:
On the other hand once I downloaded the file with rtmpdump it gave it to me in .flv file format and that I could play with foobar as well as mpc build 1.3.1774.0 (my favourite media players) whereas the .m4a file I was getting with Coojah needed SMplayer to play it properly as the other two media players would not accept it, I guess due to the missing FAAD AAC codec(???), even though mpc would so far play every audio and video file I came across. So there you go there are advantages and disadvantages.
SMPLayer and VLC come with built-in codecs, so I prefer them to Media Player Classic with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. I don't have any problems playing m4a files with MPC though.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Howard FTW

Thumbs up

Hey Stream Recorder

cool, thanks for your reply!!

yes it seems that sooner or later I will deal with Linux as well in order to avoid the changing of the HOSTS file. I do use a HOSTS file manager and have a nice little gui for it where I can simply pop in and out the rtmp stream HOST address (once I have found it), will try that instead of the commands and see if that works with rtmpsrv.

but clearly even those steps I guess are redundant when using a linux command line. perhaps even it will be rtmpdump that will in the end properly convince me about how good it is to have linux knowledge. all the students in the higher semesters tell me this at least. so you would recommend ubuntu for starters, right? any specific version or simply google ubuntu and that is it?

yes CooJah really kicks ass and the developer has mentioned a totally new version in his google group with much less bugs coming out and totally new code, so I am really curious about that.

Wireshark is a much more detailed application and I guess much more powerful but also requires a lot more knowledge about how to use it, hell there is even a wireshark university I have seen.

so built in codecs are better than the ones that come with mpc and k-lite?

really this is a great forum and nice users and a lot of help and advice is given, I hope you have banned that silly person posting a virus in the adult streaming videos section, can't find his post any more so guess it is gone, well done!!! hope your mods take better care next time, such things are very dangerous for in experienced computer users that visit the forum for the first time and like that might be scared away for life.

all in all a great place, thanks so much!!

[edit]
oh I saw that when I click on the icon for gotlastpost it does not send me to the latest post but to the beginning of the thread, is this normal? can this be fixed? when I check threads it would be great to go to the last post directly instead of clicking a few more times to reach it. thanks.

Last edited by sam4037 : 02-21-2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: added [edit]
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
I do use a HOSTS file manager and have a nice little gui for it where I can simply pop in and out the rtmp stream HOST address (once I have found it), will try that instead of the commands and see if that works with rtmpsrv.
What kind of Hosts file manager do you use?

Quote:
all the students in the higher semesters tell me this at least. so you would recommend ubuntu for starters, right? any specific version or simply google ubuntu and that is it?
It is a good idea to choose between popular Linux distributions like Ubuntu. As for Ubuntu, there are several versions like Desktop, Netbook, Server, Cloud, Edubuntu. You can start with the Desktop editition or any other that fits your needs.

Quote:
so built in codecs are better than the ones that come with mpc and k-lite?
Codec packs can mess up your system. I used to re-install K-Lite codec pack at least several times a year. But the biggest problem is that audio and video editing applications may stop working properly after installing a codec pack (Since most users just hit the Next button when installing, without paying attention to the details. Most users have no idea what settings to use anyway).

Quote:
I hope you have banned that silly person posting a virus in the adult streaming videos section, can't find his post any more so guess it is gone, well done!!! hope your mods take better care next time, such things are very dangerous for in experienced computer users that visit the forum for the first time and like that might be scared away for life.
The post was deleted thanks to your warning. The user is banned.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Howard FTW

it is the one from b.i.s.s. forum called b.i.s.s. hosts manager, quite like it but there is plenty here too:

Code:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
cool, yes will try linux pretty soon I think, thanks.

I am fine with k-lite as I don't just hit the next button and think I know what I am doing, all video and music apps work fine with it so far, fingers crossed it stays like that. found that vlc would not play all the video files I have..

yeah ban those ppl, they got nothing to do here!

the "go to last post" button does not work for me, any update on that? thanks.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:42 PM

chap is on a distinguished road

sam4037
Quote:
I do use a HOSTS file manager and have a nice little gui for it where I can simply pop in and out the rtmp stream HOST address (once I have found it), will try that instead of the commands and see if that works with rtmpsrv.
It is now no need to do http://stream-recorder.com/forum/rtm...t=rtmpexplorer
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , ,