Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Broadcasting streaming media > Re-broadcasting streaming media
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2010, 03:54 PM

sab0276 is on a distinguished road

ReStream .asf from IP camera (Linksys WVC54GCA)

How do you re-stream video from an IP Camera that uses .asf format?

StreamBy.com does not do .asf format yet, and therefore does not support my IP Camera (Linksys WVC54GCA).

I do not have a server available to re-stream it myself.

Here is what I am trying to do. I would like to stream live video to the internet from a car that will doing the Cannonball Run One Lap of America. They will be travelling 3500 miles and racing at 9 different race tracks in 7 days.
I am planning on using Verizon Wireless 3G broadband with a DLink DIR-450 3G mobile broadband router for internet access while on the move.
The camera is limited in the number of concurrent streams it can handle. Also I would like for it to not have to do more than 1 stream at a time anyway as that will eat up my bandwidth allotment very quickly.
So, how do you re-stream video from an IP Camera that uses .asf format?

Any help, pointers,or suggestions for my project would REALLY be appreciated. Thanks.

-Scott

p.s. I'm not sure if this should be here or in the re-broadcasting forum. Sorry if it is in the wrong place. Feel free to move it.

Tags: , , ,