View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 12:17 PM

Mac2492 is on a distinguished road

Re: HowTo Instructions for Removing DRM with drmdbg & FreeMe2 (from Windows Media Pla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream Recorder View Post
Keeping this instruction updated on this page is a good credit for me and the community.

If you really wanna help this web-site, you can click on the "BOOKMARK" button below the posts and add this and any other web-page you like to social bookmarking services. It really helps a lot.

p.s. Please do not change the markup of your post with instruction. It it much easier to read it this way!
Okay. =)

I don't use any social bookmarking services, but I'll post a link to this page on the other forum that I posted this on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream Recorder View Post
After extracting license keys with drmdbg, you get the drm2-i.key file. If you rename it to drm2.key and copy to the FreeMe2 folder, you don't really need to copy SID and paste it.

FreeMe2 has automation tools (for drmdbg + freeme2). You may wanna write other instructions that will use them. Althouth they will be pretty short
Thanks. I modified the instructions to reflect this. However, I left a (very simple) step out because I included a modified drmdbg.ini file with one setting disabled. (MakeDRM2Dir)

I'll quote my post here.

Quote:
http://sharebee.com/e3c050a0

Okay, I modified the instructions to reflect the simpler method of using these tools. I actually left a modified version of "drmdbg.ini" in the folder that has NO PATHS. Instead, it just switched to "MakeDRM2Dir" value "0". This will prevent it from creating a DRM2 folder with the DRM2.key file inside. Instead, it simply creates DRM2.key inside the base directory.

As always, don't forget to scan for viruses.
Instructions only... (I can't edit them into the first post because they're so different.)

Instructions for Removing DRM with drmdbg and FreeMe2:
  1. Individualize your computer at:
    http://services.wmdrm.windowsmedia.c...en/indivit.asp
  2. Put the DRM-protected file into the DRM Removal Kit directory.
  3. Open up drmdbg.exe, then open up drmdbg.ini created in the "DRM Removal Kit" directory.
  4. May not be required! Do no change anything if the settings below already have paths filled in. In "drmdbg.ini", change:
    Code:
    [IndivBoxKey]
    path=
    [drmv2clt]
    path=
    (in Windows XP) INTO

Code:
    [IndivBoxKey]
    path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.key
    [drmv2clt]
    path=C:\WINDOWS\system32\drmv2clt.dll
    OR (in Windows Vista) INTO

Code:
    [IndivBoxKey]
    path=C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.key
    [drmv2clt]
    path=C:\WINDOWS\system32\drmv2clt.dll
    Notes
    • The path and number of the Individualization keys may vary, but these are the usual locations.
    • The files may be located on a different drive. They should be installed on your main system drive by default, so replace "C" with your main system drive letter.
    • Number variations will be something like "Indiv02.key", etc... Pick the one with the highest number.
    • The keys are hidden by default... To make them visible, go to:
      "Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View (Tab)", then check "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"
    • Once you find the individualization key, replace the path in "drmdbg.ini" with the proper path.
  5. Restart drmdbg.exe if you changed anything
    Notes
    • "[Insert Key Path Here] v11.0.6000.7000" should be displayed in the box beside "MultiScan". (With the proper key path inserted, of course)
    • Windows Media Player should open, regardless of whether the keys loaded or not.
  6. Press MultiScan after the keys are loaded. (First Note in Step 5)
    Note: The DRM-protected media file will be opened in Windows Media Player and its path will be shown in the box above the "Clear" buton in drmdbg.
  7. Take the necessary steps to play the media (validate the license).
  8. Once the media starts playing and "DRM2.key" appears in the directory, you can close Windows Media Player and drmdbg.
    Note: The keys should also be displayed in the box to the left of the "Clear" button.
  9. Drag the DRM-protected file onto FreeMe2.
    Note: The keys will auto-load from DRM2.key!
  10. Enjoy the DRM-free content!