View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Stream Recorder

Re: Samurai.fm audio stream URL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam4037 View Post
I do use a HOSTS file manager and have a nice little gui for it where I can simply pop in and out the rtmp stream HOST address (once I have found it), will try that instead of the commands and see if that works with rtmpsrv.
What kind of Hosts file manager do you use?

Quote:
all the students in the higher semesters tell me this at least. so you would recommend ubuntu for starters, right? any specific version or simply google ubuntu and that is it?
It is a good idea to choose between popular Linux distributions like Ubuntu. As for Ubuntu, there are several versions like Desktop, Netbook, Server, Cloud, Edubuntu. You can start with the Desktop editition or any other that fits your needs.

Quote:
so built in codecs are better than the ones that come with mpc and k-lite?
Codec packs can mess up your system. I used to re-install K-Lite codec pack at least several times a year. But the biggest problem is that audio and video editing applications may stop working properly after installing a codec pack (Since most users just hit the Next button when installing, without paying attention to the details. Most users have no idea what settings to use anyway).

Quote:
I hope you have banned that silly person posting a virus in the adult streaming videos section, can't find his post any more so guess it is gone, well done!!! hope your mods take better care next time, such things are very dangerous for in experienced computer users that visit the forum for the first time and like that might be scared away for life.
The post was deleted thanks to your warning. The user is banned.