Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming media recording forum > Webcam, video call, online conference recording
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:51 PM

XANAftp is on a distinguished road
Angry

Where to find FREE (NO TRIALS OR LIMITATIONS!) webcam recording freeware

It seems I cannot find anymore online a DECENT webcam recording program that is 100% FREE (no trials, limitations, advertisements, et cetera) that can record my webcam to a .avi video file. I've tried the FreeWebcamRecorder executable, but for some reason, a 10 minute video saves at a size of over 5 GIGAbytes! I will not cope with a program that creates such large video files EVEN WITH the lowest quality settings. I've also tried Windows Movie Maker's capture thingy, but it cannot locate a SINGLE ONE of my 2 webcams of Ezonics and Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX, and yes it is running as an administrator. I've tried MAGIX movie maker's recorder, but it makes the pictures way faster than the audio.

If ANYONE can give me any suggestions, PLEASE let me know! This is frustrating me really badly... I mean, the internet has for free Microsoft Windows Movie Maker which is an intermediate movie maker with many effects, transitions, and options, but first off its camera capture thing doesn't work, and worse yet the internet doesn't have a decent free and simple webcam capture program that captures .avi's NOT image files and WORKS (doesn't unsynch video and audio or crash like WinAVI capture or save in gigabytes for 10 minutes like FreeWebcamRecorder)
Old 07-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Stream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Where to find FREE (NO TRIALS OR LIMITATIONS!) webcam recording freeware

This is the only one I know of - I hope it helps.

MSN Webcam Recorder - Record MSN Messenger Web Cam
Old 07-24-2008, 06:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but it contains a trojan so I cannot download it.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Stream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond reputeStream Ripper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XANAftp View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but it contains a trojan so I cannot download it.
We only recomend spyware and virus free software, how did you come to this conclusion? This program is good, and even has it's own support forum available here by their company. It's a good program, what software told you it had a trojan or virus?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:48 AM
Stream Recorder

You can use any screen video capture program to record from web-cam. For example, CamStudio is freeware software that can record anything from your screen.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream Ripper View Post
We only recomend spyware and virus free software, how did you come to this conclusion? This program is good, and even has it's own support forum available here by their company. It's a good program, what software told you it had a trojan or virus?
Direct link: http//ml20rc.msnfanatic.com/msnwcrec-1.0.2.exe (FOR THE REASON OF CONTAINING A TROJAN, I removed the colon after the http to disable being able to click on the link)
Antivirus: Avast! 4.8 antivirus
Malware name: Win32:Midgare-GP [Trj]
Malware type: Trojan Horse
VPS version: 080725-1, 07/25/2008

This was found on MSN Webcam Recorder link posted by Stream Ripper. At that site, I scrolled down to the link "download MSN Webcam Recorder", then "download version 1.0.2" (I don't like to download betas alphas or RC versions of anything because they tend to screw my computer up)

Oh and thanks for the CamStudio suggestion. However I'm iffy on whether or not it's going to work because I need to be able to instantly switch from the webcam to a picture on my computer for the recording (without dragging the webcam output window out of the recording area, that adds a bad touch to the recording). FOr this I use ManyCam... but ManyCam only edits streaming output... it doesn't record it. I'm using the webcam capture program to make a fake severe weather broadcast to enter into a contest.

Last edited by XANAftp : 07-25-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added more info to how got the virus
Old 07-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Direct link: http://ml20rc.msnfanatic.com/msnwcrec-1.0.2.exe

Antivirus: Avast! 4.8 antivirus
Malware name: Win32:Midgare-GP [Trj]
Malware type: Trojan Horse
VPS version: 080725-1, 07/25/2008
I don't really like Avast. It always gives false alarms. I prefer to use Kaspersky antivirus.

I've checked the downloaded file with 32 antiviruses including Avast using virustotal.com. It has no any viruses.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:29 PM

BUMP

I'm sorry for not posting for a long time but...

Ok I continue to lack a webcam recording program that is 100% free. I've tried MSN Webcam recorder but it doesn't work (it does nothing but suck up all of my CPU usage).

I've tried Free Webcam Recorder but video sizes are OUTRAGEOUSLY large, in the gigabytes.

Please if anyone can give me a program please mention it. Thank you.

By the way I was using CamStudio for a while, but now it doesn't work with my computer. It errors with some stupid "file not found" when recording more than about a minute.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Ok I continue to lack a webcam recording program that is 100% free. I've tried MSN Webcam recorder but it doesn't work (it does nothing but suck up all of my CPU usage).

I've tried Free Webcam Recorder but video sizes are OUTRAGEOUSLY large, in the gigabytes.

Please if anyone can give me a program please mention it. Thank you.

By the way I was using CamStudio for a while, but now it doesn't work with my computer. It errors with some stupid "file not found" when recording more than about a minute.
If you need help with CamStudio, you can try to ask your question at sourceforge.net using either the Support requests link
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...22&atid=722680
or the forum
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=447911

As for other free screen capture software, you may try Jing (although I don't really like it).
Old 02-21-2009, 07:41 AM
merkkari-masa

anyother software?
i dont get those working
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,