Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Media file management > Removing copy-protection (like DRM, AACS)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Stream Recorder

Re: "different private key" error when using FairUse4WM 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by techineer View Post
Also having the same problem. Deleted the DRM folder, Did a fresh individualize, downloaded a new file with license and verified the license by playing the file (Using WMP 9 on a W2K machine), then tried using FairUse4WM. Got the following result:

0 files converted.
0 errors.
1 warnings.

C:\Documents and Settings\Neil\My Documents\filename.wma requires a different private key.

DRM folder contains:
IndivBox.key ver 10.0.0.3646

Am I missing something?
Have you tried to go back to the first page and re-extract keys?

What about test content from fairuse4wm.com (snicker) or ezdrm? Can you UnDRM it?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:38 PM

techineer is on a distinguished road

Quote:

What about test content from fairuse4wm.com (snicker) or ezdrm? Can you UnDRM it?
I've tried re-extracting several times.

As for test content, I used industrial.wmv from ezdrm and got the same result. The other demo files on ezdrm require that you make a purchase. I couldn't identify any suitable test files on fairuse4wm.com. Any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Stream Recorder

If you use FairUse4WM 1.3 fix than the only suggestion I have is to ask doom9 members in the following thread
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=114916
Old 06-30-2007, 03:33 AM
kmit028

Re: IBX Version 11.0.6000.6324 isn't supported yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream Recorder View Post
Please try to download WM Fix from the following URL. It has been posted by doom9 members. Be carefull, I haven't checked it!
http://www.f-forge.com/?d=dP4ISM53KQGfjvR96eBH

Well every PC has different antviruses and firewalls, so I can't mention all of them. I don't think visiting Microsoft's web-site can be harmfull.

Of course I can't guarantee 100% safety. You know there are things like fake DNS that redirect you to servers you don't really want to visit. And there are things I have no idea about. You may ask doom9 members to make sure
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=114916

There is no correlation between Soundtaxi, Tunebite and FairUse4WM.

Developers claim that Soundtaxi and Tunebite work with WMP 11. Although you may experience problems with the latest version of WMP11 for some time until they create updates. But both programs are free to try so you can always check whether it works for you or not.

Hi there,
I think I'm having similar type of problems. I downloaded 3 wmv files, i unDRM'd one, then for some reason I agreed to upgrade WMP to v11. Now the two remaining file cant be unDRM'd and I get the message "requires a different private key" although the first file can still be unDRM'd. I tried extracting the keys again but i get "IBX Version 11.0.6000.6324 isn't supported yet." I tried rolling back to WMP10 but same result. I tried FairUse4wm 1.3 Fix but still no luck. I tried to find the DRM folder but it does not exist in anywhere on my system (i tried regedit and view hidden files to locate it). Now I want to try to reindividulize my WMP or system as suggested above but the links provided dont work, on the microsoft link the upgrade button doesnt work and the doom9 link goes to some random site. I am totaly stuck on what to do next. Can anyone help??? PLZ
Old 07-04-2007, 02:33 AM
Stream Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by techineer View Post
Also having the same problem. Deleted the DRM folder, Did a fresh individualize, downloaded a new file with license and verified the license by playing the file (Using WMP 9 on a W2K machine), then tried using FairUse4WM. Got the following result:

0 files converted.
0 errors.
1 warnings.

C:\Documents and Settings\Neil\My Documents\filename.wma requires a different private key.

DRM folder contains:
IndivBox.key ver 10.0.0.3646

Am I missing something?

What version of FairUse4WM did you use? fu4wm13fix?
Old 08-25-2007, 12:35 AM
Stream Recorder

re-download DRM-protecred files and re-acquire the keys. use fairuse4wm13 fix2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmit028 View Post
Hi there,
I think I'm having similar type of problems. I downloaded 3 wmv files, i unDRM'd one, then for some reason I agreed to upgrade WMP to v11. Now the two remaining file cant be unDRM'd and I get the message "requires a different private key" although the first file can still be unDRM'd. I tried extracting the keys again but i get "IBX Version 11.0.6000.6324 isn't supported yet." I tried rolling back to WMP10 but same result. I tried FairUse4wm 1.3 Fix but still no luck. I tried to find the DRM folder but it does not exist in anywhere on my system (i tried regedit and view hidden files to locate it). Now I want to try to reindividulize my WMP or system as suggested above but the links provided dont work, on the microsoft link the upgrade button doesnt work and the doom9 link goes to some random site. I am totaly stuck on what to do next. Can anyone help??? PLZ
After updating your Windows Media Player, you get a new version of IBX. The IBX is based on your media player version, so you need to re-download the file under your new updated DRM setup, then you will be able to remove DRM.

You also need to run the first step of FairUse4WM again:after opeining it, go back and re-acquire the keys.
If you use the newest FairUse4WM 1.3 fix-2 (you should be), then use mirakagi to re-acquire the keys. You have to do that since you updated your WMP.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Burke

DRM extraction problems: different private key error

I tried removing the DRM from two videos but I recieved an error message saying they require a different type of private key. I tried the recover key option on on FU4MW and an error message said IBX Version 11.0.6000.7000 is not supported yet.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:56 PM
buckeyefball

Re: DRM extraction problems: different private key error

I just purchased a new laptop and my FairUsewm 1.3 does not work, and I am unable to install an older version of WMP. When i try to convert a file it says the usual ".wma requires a different private key." And when i go to extract the keys it says "IBX Version 11.0.6001.8015 isn't supported yet." It says it has 49 keys loaded because i copied and pasted the blackbox-keys document from my home computer to my laptop, but FairUse4wm 1.3 will not work. Does anyone have any solutions?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Stream Recorder

Re: DRM extraction problems: different private key error

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefball View Post
I just purchased a new laptop and my FairUsewm 1.3 does not work, and I am unable to install an older version of WMP. When i try to convert a file it says the usual ".wma requires a different private key." And when i go to extract the keys it says "IBX Version 11.0.6001.8015 isn't supported yet." It says it has 49 keys loaded because i copied and pasted the blackbox-keys document from my home computer to my laptop, but FairUse4wm 1.3 will not work. Does anyone have any solutions?
The solution is to downgrade WMP and see whether freeme2 will work for you.

You can also use lossy DRM removal software.
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,