Audio/video stream recording forums

Attention Visitor:
You may have to register or log in before you can post:
  • Click the register link to sign up.
  • Registered members please fill in the form below and click the "Log in" button.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Audio/video stream recording forums > Streaming audio and video online. Audio and video downloads. > Podcasting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Post New Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:32 AM
paperboy317

How to create Transcripts of podcasts and audio files (speech recognition)

I'm wanting written transcripts of podcasts and audio files I have. Is there a reliable (even semi-reliable) software out there that can 'read' an audio file and genereate a text file of the conversation?
Old 08-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Stream Recorder

Search within podcasts possible. Speech to text conversion - Dunno standalone program

There are three services I know that convert speech to text to allow you to search within a podcast: Blinkx, Podzinger, Podscope.

All these services run podcasts through a speech recognition engine to convert speech to text, that is why it becomes easy to search within podcasts.

Blinkx Inc. is using speech to text software from Autonomy Corp. It shows a transcript but starts from the beginning of the podcast.

Blinkx scans not only podcasts but also millions of hours of TV broadcasts.

Podzinger is based on the technology from BBN Technologies Inc.
that created services for the U.S. intelligence services, namely developed speech recognition that has been used for real-time analysis of foreign broadcasts in Arabic and other languages, now it allows you to mine podcasts.

Podzinger provides the time at when the search phrase was found, a text transcript of that time period that you can scan quickly to figure out if they are talking about what you are actually looking for.

TVEyes makes Radio & TV searchable by keyword, phrase or topic - just as you would use a search engine for text. TVEyes has been indexing television and radio broadcasts since 1999. And now TVEyes offers Podscope - a service to search within podcasts.

TVEyes crawls the web with Podscope looking for podcasts and creates an index against every word, thereby making the contents searchable. The user can search on a term, generate a list of results ranked by a variety of ods to find the most relevant podcast and click to play or click to download. Although Podscope doesn't produce a transcript you can read.

As you can see there are podcast searching services that successfully use speech recognition engines. However ATM I can't suggest you a standalone program that can convert your downloaded podcasts to text.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Mohsin_Khan

Re: How to create Transcripts of podcasts and audio files (speech recognition)

Also will the below mentioned software work in a transcription industry with different people using the the software?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:59 AM
lcarlson

[moderator's notice]spam is not allowed
You can use a professional to transcribe for you. Some of them use the following realtime technology, which means that while they listen to your tape or audio file, they input steno into a stenomachine; the steno gets converted into English using court reporting software and appears in realtime on a computer screen. It is quick turnaround.

Last edited by Stream Recorder : 03-06-2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Jodi Harmon

Though voice recognition software (described in prior posts) is getting better and more accurate all the time, it’s always a single trained voice that gets the best results. A multi-voice environment such as a podcast is one of those instances where a human needs to facilitate or perform the service, and that’s where realtime transcriptionists come in. Realtime transcripts can be streamed live at the time of the podcast or emailed later, they are searchable and can even be synched with the audio and/or video content.

Jodi Harmon
Old 05-07-2011, 04:29 AM
natasha richards

I used some speech recognition software to convert my interview audio in to text their out put was good but it's not in the desired formate so i need to put human and rephrase the text.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:21 AM
qualitytranscript@gmail.com

Hi, according to me, there are some software are available for converting your file. But it cannot convert file to desirable format and eradicate errors in uncleared files. So my suggestion is better to go for human transcribing services rather than software to convert Your voice to text and video to text services
Old 12-20-2012, 04:52 AM
Banned

davidkajones is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualitytranscript@gmail.com View Post
Hi, according to me, there are some software are available for converting your file. But it cannot convert file to desirable format and eradicate errors in uncleared files. So my suggestion is better to go for human transcribing services rather than software to convert Your voice to text and video to text services
I agree with above comment. To get accurate transcription better go for manual transcribing services.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM

serkan is on a distinguished road

Try VoxcribeCC, works excellently for videos and audios.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:19 PM

AllenRuh is on a distinguished road

Как открыть р&

Как открыть ресторан или кофейню ? Вс е ответы Вы можете найти у нас на форуме Ресторанного франчайзинга.
На форуме ресторанного франчайзинга будет:

Посещение Главной сцены форума: вы сможете получить уникальные знания от мировых гуру рынка ресторанного франчайзинга
Посещение EXPO зоны: вы сможете познакомиться и пообщаться с представителями 30 франчайзинговых сетей
Посещение всех мастер-классов и докладов. Вы услышите доклады от 20 спикеров из Украины и стран СНГ (Зал CREATE, Зал THINK)

Все подробности здесь
http://otkrit-kofeynyu.proftrenager.biz.ua
Reply Post New Thread
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,